Bienvenue à Notre-Dame-de-Grâce is looking for COMPUTER SUPPORT AGENTS to fill several temporary full-time positions (35 hours per week.)
* IMPORTANT: Please note that this is a detailed 8 week contract funded by the Government of Canada to provide employment opportunities specifically to citizens and residents between the ages of 18 and 30. *
Bienvenue à Notre-Dame-de-Grâce is a non-profit organization whose mission is to facilitate the integration of immigrants (newly arrived or others) into the community life of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce as well as into the host society, and foster intercultural relations amongst our communities.
DESCRIPTION OF THE MANDATE:
Under the supervision of the coordinators and the director, the IT support agents perform a support role for participants and volunteers during opening hours, performing tasks related to training, administration and customer service. The IT agents will work closely with the organization’s coordinators and counsellors.
– Respond to requests by chat, email or phone
– Follow training and provide training to immigrant families in computer skills.
– Writing, editing and revision of training manuals for new and updated software and hardware
– Providing technical assistance for various questions and problems
– Solving problems with networks and other computer systems
– Diagnose system errors and other problems
– Follow-up with participating families to ensure a complete resolution of problems
– Request feedback and / or monitor calls and other methods of correspondence to improve training methods
– Running reports to analyze comments and recurring issues
– Installation or modification of software as problem resolution
– Remote access to hardware or software to allow customers to make changes and resolve technical issues
REQUIREMENTS and DESIRED PROFILE
– The candidate must be under 30 years of age and hold citizenship, permanent residency or refugee status.
-Full time availability (35h per week) for a period of 8 weeks
-Good command of French or English – a third language is an asset (specifically Tigrigna)
-Excellent command of computer literacy, technology, Windows, Microsoft Office, Zoom.
-Access to a computer and a stable internet connection
-Excellent customer approach and communication skills
-Ability to collaborate with different interlocutors
– Reliability, autonomy and strong sense of organization
Salary: $ 15.00 / h
Contract duration: 8 weeks
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (remote working)
Starting date: As soon as possible
Please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter in a single file to the attention of Luis Miguel Cristancho, Managing Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only retained candidates will receive an invitation to a job interview.