You are eligible for part-time French classes provided by the Ministry of Immigration, Francisation et Integration, if one of the following immigration statuses applies to you:
- Obtained Permanent Residency.
- Someone who is authorized to apply for permanent residency.
- Someone that obtained Asylum.
- Seeking asylum in Canada while settled in Quebec.
- Holder of a temporary stay permit issued pending the granting of permanent residence or a Ministerial permit.
- Holder of a temporary stay permit as a temporary worker or foreign student and holder of a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate).
- Naturalized Canadian citizen.
Since July 1, 2019: Temporary workers, foreign students, as well as their spouse, are now eligible for part-time French courses as well as the accompanying financial assistance. Prior to this, individuals who were temporarily residing in Québec did not have access to in-class French courses offered by the Government of Québec.
Read the notice for individuals temporarily residing in Québec.