BIENVENUE À NOTRE-DAME-DE-GRÂCE
Integration with a human face
Incorporated in 2012, Bienvenue à Notre-Dame-de-Grâce is part of the Bienvenue à NDG project, which was created by the NDG Youth Dialogue Table with the support of the NDG Community Council in 2008.
The aim of the NDG Youth Table is to reach out to immigrant families who are isolated and to provide them with the resources that can help them to integrate.
The Bienvenue à NDG project was created as a bridge for these families through information kiosks for parents in the schools (parents’ evenings, newsletters, end-of-year celebrations, etc.).
The NDG Youth Table wishes that, among all its responsibilities, the organization Bienvenue à NDG will follow this path by continuing to organize various activities in partnership with schools and other collaborators. neighborhood to share local resources with families
• To provide immigrants in NDG with a warm welcome and friendly dialogue
• To promote the contribution to the development of their community by participating actively along with the creation and development of partnerships and networks concerned with socio-economic issues that affect the community as a whole, and more specifically, new immigrants;
• To promote networks of mutual assistance and solidarity within the services offered to immigrants;
• To strengthen links and to promote cultural exchanges between the different communities.
• Accessibility: Bienvenue à NDG services are oriented to any immigrant, no matter his/her socioeconomic status, income, occupational or physical abilities or his/her degree of schooling. The services are offered in French and, if necessary, in other languages to facilitate communication.
• Adaptability: all services offered by Bienvenue àNDG are geared towards the needs of immigrants in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce. A flexible and sensitive approach ensures customer- friendly treatment while taking into account the strengths and weaknesses of each customer.
• The holistic approach: all services will consider the holistic needs of the clientele, including integration, maternity/paternity, housing, food security, self-confidence, etc.
• Development of the capacity for autonomy and evolution: Bienvenue à NDG services encourage individuals to take responsibility and to get involved. The participation of immigrants is actively sought in activities, at all levels of planning, administration, delivery of services, etc.
• Local development: Bienvenue à believes in the development of all those who live inside the community. In this context, Bienvenue àNDG will respect local partners and will work with community groups, institutions, merchants and citizens to identify partners and the real needs of the community. Also, the non-duplication of services is the essence of the philosophy of the project.
• Individual rights and responsibilities: all services are based on respect for individual rights. Bienvenue à NDG will not oblige anyone to participate; and will always respect the confidentiality of the customer.
• Monitoring: Bienvenue à NDG provides customers with follow- up in the short, medium and long term, according to the customer’s needs and the level of intervention required.
• The protection of interests: Bienvenue àNDG is geared towards the protection of its clients’ and their families’ interests.
Beinvenue a Notre-Dame-de-Grâce is a non-profit organization whose mission is to facilitate the integration of immigrants (newcomers or others) into the community life of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce as well as the host society and foster intercultural relations.
To be the reference organization in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce for the integration of immigrants into the host society.
- Social Inclusion
THE PLACE OF THE COMMUNITY
At Bienvenue à Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, we know that the process of settling in a new country is a challenge for both newcomers and the local population. Welcome to Notre-Dame-de-Grâce is therefore at the heart of the promotion and development of harmonious intercultural relations in the neighborhood and the smooth process of integration of new residents.
That is why, in addition to integration, reception and francization services, we also work in collaboration with local residents and various local community partners to develop projects and programs that develop best practices in terms of communication, community life, academic perseverance, parenting, and family-school-community links, to name a few.
By working with the community, it is possible to develop better practices in terms of harmonious relationships in our neighborhood.
THE INTERCULTURAL TABLE OF NOTRE-DAME-DE-GRÂCE
The Intercultural Table of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce is a group of organizations whose mission is to create concerted actions to ensure social cohesion and allow intercultural exchanges between NDG residents.
Anouk Laurent, Member
Gulnar Mousa, Member
Nathalie Senécal, Member
Gabriela Loureiro, Member
Marie-Hélène Bachand, Member
Anne Legault, Member
CONSEIL COMMUNAUTAIRE NDG : James Olwell, Vice President
CJE-NDG : Elena Cisse, Member
Prevention CDN-NDG : Miranda Potts, Member
Luis Miguel Cristancho
Community Educational Intervention – ICS
Community worker in persian
Community worker in mandarine
Community worker in spanish
Community worker in russian and romanian
Community worker in Tamil, Hindi, Telugu and Portuguese
Community worker in Arabic
Community worker for Family
Community worker in Tigrinya
Inter-Action: Multiculturalism Funding Program for community development and engagement projects, with the goal of fostering an integrated and socially cohesive society.
Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion
Successful Integration Program: Support for the settlement and integration of newly arrived individuals. Individual orientation meetings to establish an action plan for integration and follow-up.
French language courses for non-francophone immigrant adults.
City of Montreal
City of Montreal – PMI: ICS Project: Development of links and relations with the parents in order to support the long-term academic success of their children.
City of Montreal-PSDECFE: Organization of the Intercultural Festival of NDG.
Borough of Côte-des-Neiges / Notre-Dame-de-Grâce
Entente Ville-MIDI: Mobilization and consultation with other community stakeholders working with immigrant families to meet their needs.
Entente Ville-MTESS: Increase the capacities of vulnerable and isolated individuals, support them in the development of new skills and knowledge enabling them to participate in community life
Youth Dialogue Table NDG
Organization of initial contact activities such as information kiosks, social integration activities, interpretation and reference services.
▪ Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs
▪ Support for volunteer action
▪ Discretionary Funds, Various Ministries
▪ Children of the World School
The mission of Bienvenue à Notre-Dame-de-Grâce is not limited to the integration of immigrants into the host society of Quebec. Above all, it means a harmonious integration into the community and the promotion of the contribution of immigrants to the development of the community. Bienvenue à NDG stands out with a three-pronged approach :
1. A holistic approach
2. A dynamic intercultural exchange
3. A spirit of community consultation
In line with these strategic orientations, the 2017-2020 action plan has three objectives:
1. Ensure ongoing funding for the organization
2. Improve the working conditions of the staff
3. Respond appropriately to the needs of the community
To download the outline of this strategic planning Click here!